Bhagwant Mann Biography in English
Bhagwant Mann Biography in English Bhagwant Mann is an Indian politician. He was born on 17 October 1973 in Satoj, Sangrur district, Punjab, India.
Bhagwant Mann Biography
Bhagwant Singh Mann (born 17 October 1973) is an Indian politician and Member of parliament from Punjab. He is a former actor and satirist. Since May 2014, he is the Member of parliament, Lok Sabha for Sangrur constituency, Punjab. On 18 January 2022 he was chosen as the Chief Minister of Punjab candidate from the Aam Aadmi Party for the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election based on public polling.
Mann was born in a Jat Sikh family on 17 October 1973 to father Mohinder Singh and mother Harpal Kaur in Satoj village of Sangrur district, Punjab, India. He pursued his graduation from Shaheed Udham Singh Government College, Sunam
Mann participated in youth comedy festivals and inter-college competitions. He won two gold medals at a competition at the Punjabi University, Patiala for the Shaheed Udham Singh Government College, Sunam.
Mann developed comedy routines about typical Indian issues such as politics, business and sport. His first comedy album was with Jagtar Jaggi. Together, they made a television program called Jugnu Kehnda Hai for Alpha ETC Punjabi. Ten years later, they parted ways. Mann then formed a comedy partnership with Rana Ranbir. Together, they made the television program, Jugnu Mast Mast for Alpha ETC Punjabi. In 2006, Mann and Jaggi reunited and toured Canada and England with their show, No Life With Wife.
In 2008, Mann competed in the Great Indian Laughter Challenge on Star Plus which increased his audience.
Bhagwant Mann also acted in National Award winning Film ” Main Maa Punjab Dee” Directed by Balwant Dullat.
Mann acted in Jugnu Hazir Hai on MH One
He has done B.Com. (1st Year) Educated at S.U.S Government College, Sunam (Sangrur), Punjab.
LATEST – Punjab Election 2022: AAP announces Bhagwant Mann as its chief ministerial candidate.
In early 2011, Mann joined the People’s Party of Punjab. In 2012, he unsuccessfully contested elections in the Lehra constituency.
In March 2014, Mann joined the Aam Aadmi Party to contest elections in the Sangrur Lok Sabha constituency. He won by 211,721 votes. He was also the convener of AAP Punjab but resigned after Arvind Kejriwal tendered an unconditional apology to Bikram Singh Majithia over drug mafia case. In 2017, he contested elections in Jalalabad against Sukhbir Singh Badal and Ravneet Singh Bittu. He lost the elections to Badal by 18,500 votes.
His alleged problems with alcohol became a huge controversy ahead of 2017 Punjab elections. The party held a rally at Barnala in 2019 to handle this controversy, where he swore not to touch alcohol again.
In 2019, he won again Lok Sabha seat from Sangrur in General elections of India by 111,111 votes. He is only Member of parliament from Aam Aadmi Party in the lower house (Lok Sabha) of the parliament.
On 18 January 2022 he was chosen as the Chief Minister of Punjab candidate from the Aam Aadmi Party for the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election. The selection was done by polling from the public and the results were declared by the party chief Arvind Kejriwal.
Bhagwant Mann – Bhagwant Mann Biography in English
Some brief facts about Bhagwant Mann
- He was born in Satoj village of Sangrur district of Punjab.
- He began to act in comedies at inter-college competitions and youth festivals.
- He won 2 gold medals for his college- Shaheed Udham Singh Government College (College), Sunam.
- He became popular after his second album- “Kulfi Garma Garam”, which proved to be a huge success.
- His first comedy album was with Jagtar Jaggi and the two were considered the most successful comedy duos of the 1990s.
- After working with him for 10 years, he parted ways with Jagtar Jaggi and parted ways with Rana Ranbir. The two worked together for Alpha ETC Punjabi in Jugnu Mast Mast, which also became a hit.
- He became popular across the country after participating in the Great Indian Laughter Challenge on Star One.
- He also acted in a Punjabi film- Sukhmani with Gurdas Maan.
- He entered politics by joining the People’s Party of Punjab in 2011 in the presence of Manpreet Badal.
- In 2014, he joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Mann began a non-government organisation, the “Lok Lehar Foundation” to aid children with physical deformities as a result of pollution of groundwater in the border areas of Punjab. Mann is always in news about raising issues of Punjab.
Married to Mrs Inderpreet Kaur. The couple has two children. Later both of them separated in 2015. He got divorced in 2015
He is comic poet who writes political satire. He is also a volleyball player
Read it also : Pandit Birju Maharaj Biography