CBSE UKG Syllabus for All Subjects 2021-22 (Best Guide)
CBSE UKG Syllabus : UKG stands for Upper Kindergarten and it is also known as KG2. UKG is a preschool education for children. It is a class in which children learn new things by interacting with other children.
This preschool education plays a very important role in children’s life. This preschool class syllabus like the UKG syllabus has been designed in such a way that it developed the mental, physical, and emotional power of children.
Childhood is the first phase where the development of a child begins. So, children learn the ability of learning, remembering, focusing, studying, etc by going to preschool classes like UKG.
Generally, children who completed their LKG Syllabus and passed in LKG are gone to the next pre-school class called UKG.
UKG Syllabus 2021-22:- The CBSE board (https://www.cbse.gov.in/) has released the latest syllabus for UKG class. There are mainly four subjects that come under the UKG syllabus. In this article, I will provide the complete UKG class syllabus for all the subjects.
UKG Syllabus CBSE 2021-22: Subjects
|S No.||UKG Subjects Name|
|2||Mathematics or Maths|
|5||Language (Hindi, Malayalam, Bengali, etc)|
1. CBSE UKG English Syllabus
- A. Letters (AA – ZZ)
- Vowel Words
- Vowel Words
- Article a/an
- Objects related to letters
- Rhyming words
- Sound of letters
- This-That & These-Those
- Reading words and sentences aloud. Children should interact in social conversations.
- Children must use genie board, flashcards, oral interaction, written work, worksheets, storytelling, and enactment to explore their creativity.
- Making sentences with certain words or structures, picture composition, and use of ‘in’, ‘on’, and ‘under’ in sentences.
- Revision of the English language basics.
2. CBSE UKG Maths Syllabus
|1. Pre Maths Concepts||• Right-Left
|2. Numbers (1-200)||• Time
• Picture Addition
• Number Names (1-50)
• 1 Digit Addition
• 1 Digit Subtraction
• Picture Subtraction
• Skip Counting 2 & 5
• Count and Write, Colour and Match
• Addition and Subtraction without Objects or Pictures
• Simple addition & Subtraction Using Objects
• Forward and Backward Counting (1-50)
• Before, After, Between numbers (1-100)
• Putting Signs like ‘>’, ‘<‘ and ‘=’
|3. Shapes||• Triangle
|4. Colours||• Black, White, Pink
• Red, Yellow, Blue
• Orange, Green, Purple
3. CBSE UKG Environmental Science Syllabus
- Talking about all types of transport as well as proving a demonstration in vehicles
- A visit to a police station or post office
- Introduction to traffic rules and safety
- Introduction to air, water and sound pollution
- Project on collection of a few living and non-living things
4. CBSE UKG General Awareness Syllabus
|1. Myself||• My Home
• My Family
• My School
• Parts of Body
• Sense Organs
|2. Seasons||• Summer
|3. Transport||• Water
|4. Animals||• Water
• Animals and Their Young Ones
• Animals and Their Sounds
5. CBSE UKG Syllabus Hindi
|1. स्वर (अ-अः)|
|2. व्यंज़न (क-ज्ञ)|
|3. मात्राओ का ज्ञान (अ-अः)|
|4. व्यंज़न (क-ज्ञ) मात्राऍ लगाना ।|
|5. एक – 2 मात्रा हर एक व्यंजन पर लिखकर सिखाया जाता हेै ।|
|6. दो मात्रा (अ,आ) दोनो एक साथ लिखकर सिखाया जाता हेै
क्र + अ :- क
क्र + आ :- का
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many terms are there in UKG?
There are two numbers of terms, Term 1 and Term 2.
How many subjects are there in UKG class?
2. Mathematics or Maths
3. General Awareness
4. Environmental Science
5. Language Subject (Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, etc.)
What is the average age of a child in UKG class?
The average age of UKG class children is 5 to 6 years old.
What is the purpose of the UKG syllabus?
The purpose of the UKG syllabus is to develop the mental, physical, and psychological abilities of children.
I hope you get your answer to this post. If you have any doubts or queries then do comment down below. I will try to respond as soon as possible.
Read it also : Stages of Growth and Development