Draupadi Murmu Age, Husband, Caste, Biography & More
Draupadi Murmu Biography : In June 2022 Bhartiya Janata Party declared Draupadi Murmu as candidate for the Presidential Of India election.
Draupadi Murmu Biography in English
|Real Name||Draupadi Murmu|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• She was elected as the councillor of Rairangpur district of Odisha in 1997. Murmu went on to become the Vice- Chairperson of Rairangpur the exact same year.
• In 2000 assembly elections, she was elected from the same constituency and was given the Department of Transport and Commerce till 2002.
• Government of Odisha gave her the portfolio of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry in 2002. She served at the post till 2004.
• Murmu remained the BJP district president for the Mayurbhanj district from 2002 to 2009.
• In 2004, she was elected as an MLA from Rairangpur and served till 2009.
• Bhartiya Janata Party named her as the state president of Scheduled Tribe Morcha of Odisha in 2006. She remained in the post till 2009.
• She was again named as the BJP district president for the Mayurbhanj district in 2010.
• In 2013, she became BJP district president for the same district for the third time. She was on the post until April 2015.
• She was given the charge of Governor of Jharkhand in May 2015.
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Date of Birth||20 June 1958|
|Age (as in 2022)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India|
|College||Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Debut||After working as an Honorary Assistant Professor in the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research, Rairangpur and then as a junior assistant in the irrigation department of Odisha, she joined Bhartiya Janata Party in 1997.|
|Family||Father– Late Biranchi Narayan Tudu
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Shyam Charan Murmu|
|Children||Sons– 2 (not alive anymore)
Daughter– Itishri Murmu
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 9.5 Lakh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Draupadi Murmu worked as an honorary Assistant Professor in Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research, Rairangpur and then as a Junior Assistant in the irrigation department of Odisha.
- Draupadi Murmu then entered Politics with Bhartiya Janata Party in 1997.
- Legislative Assembly of Odisha conferred on Draupadi Murmu the “Nilakantha Award” for the Best MLA of the year 2007.
- Draupadi Murmu was promoted to the district presidential chair of the party for Mayurbhanj district in 2013.
- In May 2015, Bhartiya Janata Party elected Draupadi Murmu as the Governor of Jharkhand.
Draupadi Murmu Presidential Candidate of NDA
In June 2022 Bhartiya Janata Party declared Draupadi Murmu as candidate for the Presidential Of India election.
Read it also: 10 lines on My Hobby Painting in English