Essay on Indian Army for Students and Children
Essay On Indian Army: INDIAN ARMY is the pride of our Nation. Without the Indian Army, the National will be demolished.
Essay on Indian Army
Indian Army is a land-based unit. The foremost goal of the Indian Army is to ensure National Security and National Unity of people in the Country. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army.
India is a land with diverse people, it faces many intricate troubles now and then. The Army will protect the country from all the hazards and will be the barrier to all the critical situations that damage the nation and inhabitants in the nation. Peace in the country is prevailed by the Indian Army.
Indian Army is the second-largest army in the world. There is about 1.23 million personnel on the active rolls and 9.6 lakh in the reserve roll. The Indian Army will protect and guard the country against land-based attacks. Indian Army deals with the attacks of the terrorists, handle the most horrible situations is happening in the country, and also will be the saviors of life of people during natural disasters in the country like an earthquake, floods, heavy rains, etc., the Indian Army fight in opposition to the external antagonism and internal coercion, they uphold the harmony and safety measures surrounded by the Indian borders.
Wars By Indian Army
Indian Army participated in wars like World War I and World War II before the Indian Independence during the British Rule. After India got its Independence it took part in quite a few full-blown wars like:
- First Kashmir War in the year 1947,
- Indo-China War in the year 1962,
- India-Pakistan in 1965, Bangladesh Liberation in 1971
- Kargil War in 1999.
- Operation Polo in 1948,
- Indo-China Conflict in 1967
- Siachen Struggle in 1984.
Salient Features Of Indian Army
- Indian Army is the superior force that is equipped with the latest weapons in huge numbers.
- Indian Army has the dominant and quality tanks and aircraft. The Soldiers of the Indian Army are the building blocks of our nation, they are the embodiment of intelligence, bravery, and patience. They are also superlative at hill climbing compared to the other countries.
- Indian Army is the largest volunteer army in the world.
- The Indian Army is reputed and outstanding in the world.
- Indian Army is ranked the fourth position in the world in all the military aspects.
- Indian Army saves the nation, sacrificing their lives for the well-being of the country.
- As the reason, they are honored, loved, respected by everybody in all the ways possible.
Basic Divisions Of Indian Army
- The Indian Army has six operational commanding divisions and one training command.
- The Command usually consists of two or supplementary corps. There are fourteen groups, each group is commanded by a General Officer Commanding, referred to as the Group Commander, with the rank of lieutenant general. Also, each group is formed by three or four divisions.
- Each Division of the Indian Army is headed by the General Officer Commanding in the rank of Major General. He is known as the Army commander. The Indian Army has forty divisions. The division consists of three or four brigades.
- The brigades normally consist of approximately three thousand conflict droves with underneath rudiments. An Infantry crew consists of three infantry Battalions.
- The Battalions are composed of four rifle companies. Colonel’s head is the battalion commander.
- The company is composed of three platoons.
- The Battery comprises three or four sections, in the weaponry and air defense units.
- The platoon is of three sections. Commanded by the platoon commander.
- The section is the smallest military team, with a force of ten staff.
Indian Army Day
The Indian Army day is celebrated on the 15th of January every year at the “Amar Jawan Jyoti”, Indian Gate in New Delhi.
Conclusion: Love and Affection towards the nation will lay the way to the Soldier’s life and this will form the Indian Army. They scarify their happiness and life for the nation. Their families are set aside to protect all the other families in the world.
“A soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him”
Read it also: