Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa biography, wiki, age, school, parents, ranking, news, net worth, IQ
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Biography : Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa biography, wiki, age, school, parents, ranking, news, net worth, IQ
Who is Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa?
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is a 16 year old Indian chess player. He achieved fourth place as the youngest ever player of GrandMaster title. At the age of only 10 years, he became the youngest International Master in chess history. Praggnanandhaa began playing chess at early age and won many World Chess Championship by the age of seven.
Praggnanandhaa was born on 10 august 2005 in Chennai, and his age is 16 years old (as in 2022). His father, Ramesh Babu, is working in State Corporation Bank, and his mother Nagalaxmi is a housewife. His sister is also a popular chess player, named Vaishali R.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Biography
|Date Of Birth||August 10, 2005|
|Age||16 years (as in 2022)|
|Place Of Birth||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Full Name||Praggnanandhaa Rameshbabu|
|Other Name||Prajnananda Ramesh Babu|
|Languages he speaks||English, Tamil|
|Skin Color||Dark Brown|
Family Body Features
Career Information, Hobbies
|Championship Won||– Won the World Youth Chess Championship Under-8 boys title.
– In 2015, won the Youth Chess Championship in under-10 category.
– In August 2017, he earned 2500 points and became the youngest player to do that.
Read More Below
|Favorite sports persons||Magnus Carlsen
|Facebook Profile||Facebook Profile|
|World Chess Federation Profile||World Chess Federation Profile|
|Coach Name||R. B. Ramesh|
Praggnanandhaa R was born on 10th August 2005 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to a normal family. His father (Ramesh Babu) and mother (Nagalakshmi) lived in Chennai since childhood. He lives in the village of Padi in Chennai, his father works in State Corporation Bank of Chennai branch, while his mother is a housewife.
Father: His father Rameshbabu is suffering from Polia since childhood, he is an educated person and is a graduate and is an employee at Tamil Nadu state Corporation Bank.
His mother takes care of him for all his international championships as father spends most of his time working in office and spends little time with family.
His elder sibling, sister- Vaishali Rameshbabu, is a also a champion in the Indian chess by her own intelligence. Vaishali is a 2 time Youth Chess Champion and a Grandmaster.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa IQ
He attained the International Master title at the age of 12 years after winning back to back and snatched the title from Sergey Karjakin of Ukraine. At the time, The great Magnus Carlsen was 13 years 4 months old when he was honored as an international master. Praggnanandhaa is currently the youngest Indian Grandmaster. Before him, Parimarjan Negi at 13 years, four months, and 22 days had achieved India’s youngest Grandmaster. Vishwanathan Anand had achieved a Grandmaster at the age of 18 years.
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- His elder sister Vaishali is also a chess player and is a two time youth chess champion.
- He and his sister does not seem to play against each other as their parents does not wish them to play against each other as they are highly challenging and competitive.
- His parents did not want him to choose chess however since his sister was already a chess player so he also choose the same profession.
- Praggnanandhaa spends 4-6 hours daily on practice.
- At the age of 5, he started learned Chess.
- RB Ramesh is his coach and a former champion, he also won many championships including British Championship in 2002 & Commonwealth Championship in 2007. His chess school name is “Chess Gurukul”. Ramesh’s wife Aarthie also plays chess and is a Grand Master as well.
- Praggnanandha wishes to score 3000 points
- Praggnanandha’s role model Vishwanathan Anand.
- Sponsors: Praggnanandhaa is sponsored by Ramco(2019)
- Praggna is a very rooted child, he visits his grandmother often.
- He was also selected for the “Heroes of Chennai” award in the sports category.
- Praggnanandhaa and his sister Vaishali donated 10000 INR each for the flood relief fund.
- World Youth Chess Championship: In 2013 Praggnanandhaa won the World Youth Chess Championship for Under-8 boys title.
- In 2015 he won the Youth Chess Championship in under-10 category.
- In August 2017 Praggnanandhaa crossed 2500 points and became the youngest player to do that.
- Youngest Grandmaster: Praggnanandhaa became the 2nd youngest person to acheive the GrandMaster (GM) Title in 2018, Now he is the fourth youngest ever, just behind- Sergey Karjakin, Dommaraju Gukesh & Javokhir Sindarov . He acheived his 3rd GM norm at the Gredine Open in Urtijëi, where he defeated Luca Moroni. He was 12 years, 10 months and 13 days old at the time.
- 2600 Milestone: Youngest player ever to cross 2600 points, he attained that feat during the London Chess Classic FIDE open in 2019. He defeeated GM Jules Moussard to achieve the score of 2602.
- Xtracon Chess Open: Praggnanandhaa won the Xtracon Chess Open held in Elsinore, Denmark with an aggregate of 8/5/10. He was unbeaten throughout and was ahead of other competitors.
- Praggnanandhaa surprised everyone by defeating Axel Bachmann, a chess grandmaster in just 18 moves, and has also defeated another GM Levon Babujian.
FAQs about Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
What is his full name?
His full name is Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa.
Who is his father?
What is his sister name?
What is his net worth?
Less than $100 thousand
What is his FIDE rating?
(Disclaimer: if you found any information which is misleading or not correct then please write to us, we will immediately change it to the best of information available on the internet)
Read it also: Rumi Balkhi Biography